Thursday, December 30, 2010


Black Dog with dragon eye's...

My parents were together a terrible fight broke out, pots were thrown, screams and cries echoed through the house and what seemed like the longest night of my life at the time had settled in. I walked into the room that my parents were fighting in crying and begging them to stop, they did and after some cuddles and stuff we all went to bed.
The next morning I remember it was a bright day, sunlight streaming through the window in front of my bunk bed which was shared by me and my older sister. I woke up alone I believe my sister was asleep at the time as she didn't see what I saw, but as my head raised I looked to my left towards the window. Standing not 30cm from my face was the face of a big black wolf like dog with glowing red eyes. We stared at each other for a good 5 seconds or so before I got too scared and shoved my face down into my pillow wishing for it leave me. At the time it scared the shiat out of me. However the more I look in to it the less scared I become. I relate myself to a dog quite a bit too... I used to pretend to be a dog when I was younger, they are my favorite animals.
The black dog with red eyes and fiery breath has been listed throughout the world in folklore tales, mythology, spiritual beliefs and reports. Generally it's related to death, either Cerberus the guard of the underworld, or the hound of baska villes or Anubis the Egyptian god. (Or Satan if you speak to Christians... /sigh) and it may very well do but then it may also represent a death maybe not a physical death.
The night before I saw the dog was the last night my parents were together. Ever since I has been fascinated with the origin of sighting. I'm not sure what all of this is worth, but I'd love to know if more people have seen this dog or know more about it. I'll end with this: I am reminded by this quote I once heard (not sure where from), but it seems to ring true in so many terms.
"That which we fear as a child, we find comfort in as we grow older."
When I was between 10-11 years old my family was going through an extremely rough patch. My
parents
were breaking up and life really wasn't a happy time for anyone. I remember the last night my
By - Rahul Banerjee